Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Founding Fathers Museum.

Rapid City has a brand new museum.  It’s called the Founding Fathers Museum.  The outside is a exact replica of Independence Hall in Philadelphia.  Inside, it's a recreation of the famous painting by John Trumbull of the presentation of the first draft of the Declaration of Independence to the 2nd Continental Congress.
DSC01483       DSC01482
DSC01481        DSC01476
DSC01478      DSC01475
Around the outer edge of the room, there is a picture with a short history of everyone of the members of the 2nd Continental Congress.  There were 5 of those members who didn’t sign the declaration.  Those 56 who signed, risked charges of treason.
The museum is very well done and worth a stop.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, now that is a reason I would go back to Rapid City. We've been there so often but I would like to visit this museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap...we have been to Rapid City. I would have loved to see this museum. Maybe I can reroute us....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the pictures I thought you were in Philadelphia!

    ReplyDelete