Saturday, September 18, 2010

Visiting Springfield Mass

We have been in the Springfield, Mass area for the past week.  It’s been good connecting with friends again.  It’s been a very busy week and today is our only down day so will try to catch up the blog. 
Theodor Seuss Geisel was born in Springfield and there is a National Memorial Sculpture Garden in his honor. 
117-1758        

Dr. Seuss at his desk with The Cat in the Hat watching.



the grinch and dog max


The Grinch and
his dog Max.









IMG_0580



Horton










yertle the turtle
Yertle the Turtle Statue



Always loved Dr. Seuss.

4 comments:

  1. My Mom used to tease me that I liked reading Dr Seuss books to our daughter more than our daughter liked listening to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read Cat in the Hat so many times that I should know it by heart! I bet that's a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Seuss made us a fair amount of money in our eBay business. I thank him. We will go there and thank him personally. Thanks for the information.

    Oh, the Places You'll Go is my favourite. Makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green Eggs and Ham for me please.

    ReplyDelete