Sunday, September 19, 2010

Eastern States Exposition

Friday was opening day at the “Big E” and we decided to go.  The Big E is a combination state fair of the New England States.  Each state has a house which is modeled after its capital building.  Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
Each building has information, crafts and foods that come from these states.
People from all the states compete in the normal categories most state fairs have.  We walked through the buildings full of cows, sheep, chickens and other small animals.
One of the highlights for me was sitting (after all the walking) and seeing Mark Lindsay from Paul Revere and the Raiders.  Who remembers coming home from school to watch “Where the Action Is”?  If you watched the show you would remember this group.  Ed enjoyed watching me bop and sing to the old songs.   
He still sounds good after all these years! 

4 comments:

  1. I remember going to the Division Street Corral in Portland with Paul Revere and the Raiders ... mid- 1960's! Or, maybe I shouldn't tell you when that was.

    We should have an Ed Lavin night at the reunion. He could lullaby us with the old songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard on the radio that there is a cruise next January that is a 60's rock and roll cruise. Paul Revere and the Raiders is one of the groups that will be performing. I thought it sounded like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sooooo in love with Mark Lindsay. I saw them twice, once in Vancouver, BC and once, many, many years later in Reno.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of this event. It sounds wonderful! When we were in Williamsburg, I swear the one street entertainer was Paul Revere! He looked so much like him. I still have one of their albums. It sounds like you two had a great time! Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete