Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Stewart’s Shoppe

As far back as I can remember we always had a Stewart’s Shoppe nearby.  My grandparents would take me to Stewart’s to get ice cream sundae’s.  I remember getting the dishes of ice cream and all the different toppings would be on the table and you would make your own sundae.  This was the first place I ever had chocolate ice cream with marshmallow topping! Yummmm!
We used to be able to get their soda’s (they have the best Root Beer and Orange soda ever!) in quart bottles in a case of 12 that you would mix and match.  If you took the empty bottles back, you didn’t have to pay the deposit again. Now they package it in cans. 
stewarts soda
From their website…
“Stewart's is an employee and family-owned convenience store chain based in Saratoga Springs, NY.  Stewart's is known for milk, ice cream, coffee, food to go, gasoline, and more.  Our success comes from the integration of our manufacturing and distribution systems.  We make and/or distribute ¾ of what we sell in our shops at our plant in Greenfield, NY.  Today there are 327 Stewart's Shops located in over 30 counties across upstate New York and southern Vermont.”
    Stewarts Shoppe
I am so looking forward to my summer in New York.  It’s  a good thing I’m working so I can work off the calories in my ice cream…”Crumbs along the Mohawk”! It’s a graham cracker flavored ice cream with chucks of graham cracker and caramel. Can’t get it anywhere but from Stewart’s.  YUMMY!!

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Stewarts. Sounds like I've missed something good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really a soda drinker but if I ever do have one, I always get the Stewarts orange soda. Love it. Have never had their ice cream but I can just imagine how good it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going to have a very busy fun filled summer. Looks like a pretty area. Hope your weather straightens up soon. Have fun getting used to a new job, and new area. It's nice you'll be able to visit with some relatives though. Lookin forward to next winter! I've never heard of Stewarts, but now am thinkin I'm missin good ice cream..I'm sure if ya tell IYQ he'll be right up!

    ReplyDelete