Monday, May 17, 2010

Around Warrensburg, NY and Schroon Valley Campground

We’ve been in the area now for a couple of weeks and the weather is finally warming up.  It got to 70 yesterday and after a week of 40’s & 50’s it felt balmy. 
I started my day by trying to find a pay phone.  Many of you know that my brother lives in Germany and Friday was his birthday.  I have an AT&T phone card that I use to call him, but I need a pay phone to use it.  They have a pay phone here at the park but when I went to use it, it seems it was disconnected.  I finally found a pay phone yesterday so I had a great time talking with Doug and catching up. (We do email but it was good to hear his voice) After I took a drive through town (2 stop lights) and took these pictures. One is a B & B that I thought was just lovely and the other is off the town square.
B  B         IMG_2561
First week of work for me went good.  It’s a lot easier physically than Amazon.com but here we deal with the public and sometimes that can be challenging.  So we will see which is actually easier. 
These are a few pictures around the campground we a staying at. There are a few campsites around the river.  They are small, great tent sites or maybe a pop up camper. The river is so clear.
IMG_2562  
Here is the clubhouse and our campsite.
IMG_2566              IMG_2567
I’ll try to remember to take my camera with us when ever we go out.  I am from this area so the things I see aren’t new to me but hopefully they will interesting to those who read this blog.  Stay tuned……

2 comments:

  1. Definitely take the camera with you. Many of us have never been there but hope to be there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take your camera. It's amazing how we see things with different eyes as we get older.

    ReplyDelete