Friday, February 3, 2012

Fishing

Ed doesn’t get to fish very much.  So after buying a license and bait, off we went to a local fishing pier here in Rockport.

IMG_0791

Copano Fishing Pier is the old bridge.  You can see the actual bridge next to it.  This time of year there is the possibility of catching Sheepshead or Black Drum.  They said at night  under the lights you can try for Spotted Seatrout.  We were there for about 4 hours and the only thing biting were these tiny fish.

IMG_0798

He finally started using them as bait.   I got a some pictures of the pelicans and seagulls.  They were all sitting at the end of the pier that has a fish cleaning station.  The people who have boats launch from this area and then come in a clean the fish they caught.  They throw the fish parts to them, so they all stick around this area.

IMG_0795

It was a good day, a little overcast and breezy.  I sat and read my book while Ed fished.  We will probably go back again before we leave the area.  Maybe we will go at night and see what we can catch then.

2 comments:

  1. I was taught to fish when I was 5 years old. I learned from my father that fishing is not about what you catch, it's the enjoyment of doing it. I don't eat fish so I don't have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed's luck is about as good as Jim's been. Hopefully by the time he gets to fish again, he'll actually do some catching.

    ReplyDelete