Sunday, May 1, 2011

ABCD Day May 1st, 1011

Back in April a friend of ours told us about ABCD - A Bloggers Centerline Day.  We were to go out on May 1st and take a picture of ourselves (or in my case had someone take it) on the centerline of any road we wanted.

So for ABCD - A Bloggers Centerline Day here is the picture I choose to have taken.
.
IMG_3317

This picture was taken on County Route 11 in Bolton Landing, New York.  County Route 11 comes off Interstate 87.  This road will take you to Route 9N which runs from Lake George Village north to Ticonderoga New York.  Route 9N goes through the towns of Diamond Point, Bolton Landing and Hague before entering Ticonderoga. 

We are spending the summer up here working at a campsite along the Schroon River. I grew up in this area and when I heard about this day, I knew exactly the picture I wanted to take.  I have always loved this view of the lake.

Happy May Day!!

6 comments:

  1. I forgot about this. Need to get out there and get the picture taken. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some view you have there. Great to see so many places in this ABCD thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! Your are near my old stomping grounds in northern NY. I lived near the 1000 Islands before I moved to God's Country here in Alabama! But guess what? Route 11 goes all the way down here! I feel connected! Love your photo! Enjoy the road!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo background too! And, of course, the person in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We could do that but will have to wait until pictures and internet are in the same place.

    ReplyDelete