Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess

I’ve posted this before but my granddaughter is celebrating Dr. Suess’ birthday today in her kindergarten class.  They all had to dress as there favorite storybook character.  Savannah chose Curious George!
Savannah as Curious George
So to honor Dr. Suess…..here it is again!

Theodor Seuss Geisel was born in Springfield, Massachusetts on March 2, 1904. In Springfield there is a National Memorial Sculpture Garden in his honor.  Since Ed grew up in Springfield we usually take a trip back to the area.  I like to visit this special place when we do.

117-1758
Dr. Seuss at his desk with The Cat in the Hat watching.

the grinch and dog max

The Grinch and
his dog Max.









IMG_0580

Horton

yertle the turtle
Yertle the Turtle

3 comments:

  1. We will definitely have to go there sometime. As you know, we have an eBay business selling childrens' books. Dr. Seuss did well for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious George sure is a cute little thing! Happy Birhday Dr. Seuss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read so many Dr Seuss books, first to children I babysat then to our own daughter, I could probably still recite some. :)

    ReplyDelete