Saturday, May 1, 2010

Computer problems and Amish Country

We arrived at this Thousand Trails park last Wednesday.   Once I get everything set up in the motorhome, I sit down and turn on my computer.  Well…..this time when I turned the computer on I got an error message I didn’t pay attention to and up came the dell background picture.  I went to check my documents folder and everything was gone!  GONE!!  After I spent about 10 minutes in panic mode, I got out Ed’s computer. (Thank god we have his as a backup) I got on line and started looking for computer repair places.  I got very lucky and found a company, RDCS in Lebanon. They were opened and off we went.  It seems my profile somehow go corrupted.  All the files were still there I just couldn’t access them.  I picked it up today and I now have a new profile with all my documents and a new anti virus program he recommended.  Avira is cheaper than Norton and not as cumbersome.  He also set up my backup drive to backup once a week!  He was awesome and very patient explaining everything.  And all this for a flat fee of $74.00!! He does not charge per hour but per job!! 
Thursday we drove to Lancaster County to see the Amish farms in the area.  We went through Bird-in-Hand and Intercourse PA.  We shopped at little village in Intercourse and went for a tour of an Amish Farm. 
Here are some farmer plowing the fields getting ready to plant.
IMG_2525      IMG_2527
We did see a buggy on the road but I couldn’t get a good picture so here is one we took at the Amish Farm.
IMG_2529
This is what they call a market wagon because the back seat come out so they can put in all the purchases.
Friday, Ed played golf and I did a few chores around here. I cleaned the bathroom and defrosted the freezer. 
Stay turned!

1 comment:

  1. Computers can definitely be a pain!
    I want to do the Amish country again. We did a fast drive through quite a few years ago so that doesn't count. It's on my "bucket" list to redo .... soon.

    ReplyDelete