Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Broken Window

We were scheduled to leave Kinsley, Kansas yesterday. But the RV Gods decided we should stay another couple of days. When I woke up Tuesday morning, I grabbed my cup of coffee and sat down to my computer to check in with our friends, as I do every morning. I looked over at the drivers seat and had to take a double look. Wasn't sure what I was seeing. But at further inspection, I discovered that the window was shattered.



We have no idea how this happened. On inspecting the ground around the motorhome, we found no rocks or dead birds that could have hit the window. Our only thought is that, since there was a storm that night that maybe that could have had something to do with it. Anyway, here we sit.

We are very fortunate that this little RV park is not full. Now let me tell you, there is not much in Kinsley, Kansas. The only traffic that this park sees is people traveling either I-50 or I-56 through Kansas. It's a Passport America park and they don't limit the amount of time. So we have stayed at this park for $11.50 a night. They have 50 amp, water and sewer, on a nice wide cement slab. They even let us wash the motorhome.



Ed loves this stretch of grass behind the motorhome. He's out there right now chipping golf balls back and forth. You need to get your exercise somewhere!!
Hopefully, our new window will be in tomorrow, and we can get it fixed and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment